Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mark



One of the most important pieces of advice I've ever been given is to make time to get out with your camera and shoot for fun. No pressure, nobody to please but yourself. Sunday night came along and even though my schedule has been crazy, I blocked time off to shoot something for fun, and I couldn't wait.

I am most comfortable photographing girls - there are so many options, so many things to do, and I don't think of how I act when I'm photographing. With a guy however it's totally different. I'm constantly thinking about what I'm doing and techniques I'd use with a girl, just don't work the same way. So that's where Mark came in.

I see Mark throughout the week as he works in the shop around the corner. Before this we'd just exchanged small talk, cheered over the first time I'd filled my car with petrol (newly passed my test!) and discussed Ben and Jerry's. He's good fun, constantly cheery and I always thought to myself he'd be great in front of a camera. Last week he was behind me in the queue and as the shop was pretty quiet I turned round and blurted out my question. He was surprised but game and we were set. I'm pretty proud of these which was why I had to post them. :)

P.S Anyone watch the US version of the Office? I'm a HUGE fan. This photo just reminded me of a typical Jim Halpert expression. I don't know what I said to Mark to create this but I suspect I was talking rubbish lol.



I'm extremely witty obviously




I know this next shot isn't entirely in focus but I love it



Possibly one of my most fav shots EVER and last one of the night. I LOVE EVERYTHING about it :)

In the middle we got hit by a rainstorm, to which we sheltered under a tree and Mark grabbed my camera. He thinks the shots he took of me are awesome and need to be seen, I however hate photos of myself (especially ones where I'm trying to ignore the camera!) so I'm posting one! lol

Thanks Mark for a great night and the fun conversation! Great to hear someone who gets excited about design and images too! Cheers!!

0 comments: