Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ann and Greg ~ The Wedding ~ Hedingham Castle, Essex {Part One}

There were so many lovely moments to share from Ann and Greg's day that I have split it into two parts with part two coming tomorrow!!

I hope you stick with me while I first tell you about how I came to boarding a plane on Friday morning and flying to London for my first overseas wedding. Okay, so I was only in the plane for an hour, but it still counts ;)

I have known Greg a long time, although admittedly not very well. Greg grew up in the same seaside town of Donaghadee that I did and he hung about with my older sister Sinead when they were growing up. There's a 6yr age difference between Sinead and I so Kirsty and I would have been too young to have known him well. However, five years ago my other sister, Kerry married Greg's younger brother Russell so our families became connected and I can happily say that I think of Russell as my big brother. At Kerry and Russell's wedding I met Ann for the first and only time and I remember her being lovely but with Greg and Ann working and living abroad that was the last time I had met them together.

Things changed last year, Ann and Greg got engaged (hurrah) and out of the blue I got an email from Ann saying that she was interested in me photographing their wedding. To my utter surprise she had been following my blog and wanted to book me! I was completely stunned and quite surprised but she explained that they would be travelling over to Donaghadee at Christmas and we'd discuss it further. Between you and me they also brought me a tin of Farrah's Old English Toffee and you should know if you bring my food, you've pretty much just become my best friend.

Ten months later I was honored to be invited to photograph their day at the beautiful Hedingham Castle.

I cannot say enough good things about this location and most of all it's staff. Rachel was the fantastic wedding co-ordinator there and while i've encountered my fair share of wholly unhelpful/rude wedding co-ordinators, Rachel was a photographers dream to work with. Thank you!!

Right without further ado, here is Part One of Ann and Greg's day...

The Norman Keep where the ceremony would take place

Inside the main house. The family still live in this house and their own wedding photographs and family photos sit on the piano and hang on the walls. A house already filled with love is a great place to get ready :)

Wedding slippers as I like to call them :) Perfect for the spiral castle steps that Ann would be scaling later

Ann's bouquet also paid homage to her late grandmother with her photograph amongst the roses

The very dashing page boy and flowergirl

The calmest bride I've ever witnessed. With no bridesmaids, Ann and her mother got ready together and it was lovely to be a part of



After seeing how special it was for Ann to be helped by her mum I've decided should I be married, my mum will be there to button me into my dress


The beautiful Ann and the epic surroundings

She giggled throughout :)



The Men

Back over the bridge Ann was ready to be married

Her Dad came to greet her and his reaction was perfect

Kirsty joined me for this wedding and she caught this next moment :)

Then they walked over the bridge to meet her groom...

Part two coming tomorrow :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delicious! Can't wait for part 2.